A conditional permanent resident is required to submit a Petition to Remove Conditions (Form I-751) within the 90- day period of time immediately preceding the second anniversary of the date on which the alien obtained conditional permanent residence.  The conditional resident must file the petition jointly with his or her spouse, unles

Read More

I-601 Waivers of Fraud, Unlawful Presence and Certain Crimes

  Section 212(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) provides that certain individuals are inadmissible and thus ineligible to receive visas or admission into the United States. This includes individuals who have, among other things, been unlawfully present1 in the United States and/or committed certain crimes.  Such ina

Read More

Permanent Residency for Multinational Executives and Managers

Multinational executives and managers are exempt from the labor certification requirement. This exemption has the practical effect of saving considerable time and cost for an individual and company and enables the company to avoid the labor certification recruitment requirement which can be complex, time consuming and expensive. Most

Read More

Labor Certification

PERM Overview: PERM is the process for obtaining labor certification, which the first step of the green card process for most foreign nationals seeking permanent residence through their employment. To obtain an approved PERM Labor Certification, the employer must prove (through newspaper advertising and other recruiting methods) tha

Read More

Permanent Residency through marriage

Permanent Residency Through Marriage

Each year, over 400,000 citizens of the United States marry foreign-born persons and petition for them to obtain permanent residence in the U.S. Spouses of U.S. citizens are considered "immediate relatives" under the immigration laws, and are exempt from all numerical quota limitations. In other words, marriage to a U.S. citizen is th

Read More

Petitions of Parents for Children

How Do I Bring My Child, Son or Daughter to Live in the United States? Definition of a Child The immigration law defines a “child” as an unmarried person under the age of 21 (a minor) who is A child born to parents who are married to each other (born in wedlock) A stepchild if the marriage creating the s

Read More

Temporary Worker H Visas

There are various categories of nonimmigrant visas for a person who wishes to work temporarily in the United States, based on U.S immigration laws, specifically the Immigration and Nationality Act. Read More

Exchange Visitor J Visas

The exchange visitor (J) nonimmigrant visa category is provided for persons who are approved to participate in exchange visitor programs in the U.S., under provisions of U.S. immigration law. Read More

Extraordinary Ability Visa

The O-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement. Read More

Athletes and Artists P Visas

Reserved for those aliens who will be coming to the US to perform in athletics or entertainment, and who do not meet the extraordinary ability standard required for classification in the O category. Read More


Law Office of Barry Lieber The Law Office of Barry Lieber is one of the leading immigration firms in Miami and South- Florida. The office specializes in all types of immigration law. While we are based in South Florida and serve mainly Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties, we also have clients throughout the entire U.S. Read More