VISA FOR FASHION MODELS – THE H-1B3
The H-1B3 category applies to a fashion model that is nationally or internationally recognized and will be employed in a position requiring someone of distinguished merit and ability.
Requirements for H-1B3 Fashion Model
The petition should be filed by the U.S. employer with the following documentation:
- A certified LCA from the Department of Labor;
- Copies of evidence establishing that the alien is nationally or internationally recognized in the field of fashion modeling. The evidence must include at least two of the following types of documentation which show that the person:
- Has achieved national or international recognition in his or her field as evidenced by major newspaper, trade journals, magazines or other published material;
- Has performed and will perform services as fashion model for employers with a distinguished reputation;
- Has received recognition for significant achievements from organizations, critics, fashion houses, modeling agencies or other recognized experts in the field; and
- Commands a high salary or other substantial remuneration for services, as shown by contracts or other reliable evidence.
- Copies of evidence establishing that the services to be performed require a fashion model of distinguished merit and ability and either:
. Involve an event or production which has a distinguished reputation; or
- The services are as participant for an organization or establishment that has a distinguished reputation or record of employing persons of distinguished merit and ability.